This course meets the requirements of the UK Resuscitation Council for First Responder Defibrillation.
Research indicates that defibrillation is the most effective treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest and will be most effective if delivered within 4 minutes from the time of the arrest. In the UK the target for attendance by an emergency ambulance is 8 minutes! This means that if defibrillation is delivered after 8 minutes, survival rates are lessened. Having a portable defibrillator in your workplace, school or community building can dramatically improve the survival from Cardiac Arrest and an AED is very simple and safe to operate.
The Automated External Defibrillator (AED) course provides hands on experience and training for the safe and effective use of any portable defibrillator and will ensure you have the peace of mind that should the need arise your staff can safely use the AED. Additionally, HSE legislation now recommends that if an employer provides an AED then staff should receive training in its use.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age;
- Ideally they will already hold a First Aid at Work certificate but full training in CPR can be given if necessary;
- An AED unit is an integral part of the course and should be in-situ or available before training takes place. We supply training AEDs.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Automated External Defibrillation qualification which is valid for 12 months.
Please Note: The UK Resuscitation Council recommend that candidates undertaking this qualification receive a minimum of 6 monthly refresher sessions.
- An overview of Ventricular Fibrillation and the use of defibrillators;
- Emphasis on early intervention, early CPR and the importance of the ‘Chain of Survival’;
- Hands-on practice for students using training AEDs;
- Scenario practice sessions tailored to portray similar situations to which the candidate may have to respond;
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of AEDs.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£300 + £20pp||£200 + £20pp||£70|
Duration: 1 day
This course can also be taken as a 3 hour bolt-on to another First Aid course at a cost of £40.