This course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in low risk environments (e.g. offices, shops, residential care settings etc.).
This qualification will equip the first aider with skills and knowledge to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work with an emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including an overview of AEDs;
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking;
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident.
This lasts for 3 years when the course needs to be taken again.
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£300 + £20pp||£200 + £20pp||£70|
Duration: 1 day
From: 09:00 – 17:00
For 2019 this course runs on the following dates:
- Sunday 13th January
- Wednesday 23rd January
- Wednesday 13th February
- Sunday 24th February
- Wednesday 06th March
- Sunday 31st March
- Wednesday 17th April
- Sunday 05th May
- Wednesday 15th May
- Sunday 26th May
- Wednesday 12th June
- Sunday 30th June
- Sunday 21st July
- Friday 02nd August
- Wednesday 14th August
- Sunday 25th August
- Wednesday 18th September
- Sunday 29th September
- Sunday 13th October
- Wednesday 23rd October
- Wednesday 13th November
- Sunday 24th November
- Wednesday 04th December