This course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in low risk environments (e.g. offices, shops, residential care settings etc.).
This qualification will equip the first aider with skills and knowledge to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work with an emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking;
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work;
This lasts for 3 years when the course needs to be taken again.
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£300 + £20pp||£200 + £20pp||£70|
Duration: 6 hours
For 2018 this course runs on the following dates:
From 09:00 to 17:00
- Saturday 20th January
- Wednesday 07th February
- Saturday 17th February
- Saturday 10th March
- Wednesday 21st March
- Saturday 07th April
- Wednesday 11th April
- Saturday 5th May
- Wednesday 16th May
- Wednesday 06th June
- Saturday 23rd June
- Saturday 07th July
- Wednesday 18th July
- Saturday 04th August
- Wednesday 15th August
- Wednesday 05th September
- Saturday 22nd September
- Wednesday 10th October
- Saturday 28th October
- Wednesday 07th November
- Sunday 25th November
- Wednesday 05th December
- Saturday 15th December