This course is designed for people who are working, or intend to work in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet with the requirements of OFSTED for Early Years First Aid Provision. Additionally the programme meets with the recommendations of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 issued by the Health & Safety Executive for the ‘Appointed Person’.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for infants, children and adults;
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care;
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting.
This lasts for 3 years when the course needs to be taken again.
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
Candidates must be 16 years of age.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£600 + £20pp||£400 + £20pp||£110|
Duration: 2 days