The day skipper course designed for those who have little or no experience of the theory side of helming a sailing yacht or powerboat. The essential safety and navigation skills for helming a boat on short passages and day navigation will prepare you for your practical Day Skippers course. You will also sufficient knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day and be given a basic insight into giving you an introduction to night navigation.
- Basic nautical knowledge;
- Basic navigation: position and direction;
- Tides and tidal streams;
- Charts and publications: simple plotting;
- Buoys, beacons, lights and pilotage ( Rules of the Road);
- Deck seamanship;
- Passage planning;
- Sea safety and cruising practices;
- Rope and anchor work.
- A six day intensive course
- Three consecutive weekends
- Two evenings a week for seven weeks course
Please see below for available dates.
Costs & Dates
09:00 – 17:00 or 18:30 – 21:30
- 13-14 January, 20-21 January & 03-04 February
6 Days Intensive Monday – Saturday
- Contact the Office
7 Week 2 Evenings a week Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday & Monday and Thursday
- Monday – Thursday
Starting Monday 12th February – Finishing Thursday 29th March