Cruising is one of the safest leisure sporting activities, and 99.9% of those afloat will never use their life raft. However, it is a well-proven fact that, in the event of an emergency at sea, people with training are more likely to survive. This intensive one day course is designed to give you that knowledge until help can get to you. The morning is spent in a classroom at our training centre covering the theory of sea survival and the afternoon is a practical session in a swimming pool.
- The design of life jackets and how they work;
- The correct equipment you should have on life jackets;
- The correct use of flares;
- Life rafts and the equipment they contain;
- Survival techniques;
- Medical aspects of sea survival;
- Search and rescue techniques;
- Survival requirements and abandoning ship.
Practical Session in a Swimming Pool
- Getting into a life raft from the water
- Getting into a life raft from a boat;
- Surviving in the water on your own;
- Surviving in the water in a group.
- Candidates must be able to swim.
Costs & Dates
09:00 – 17:30
This course runs on the following dates for 2018:
- Saturday 10th February
- Saturday 24th March
- Monday 09th April
- Saturday 19th May
- Saturday 09th June
- Saturday 21st July
- Saturday 08th September
- Saturday 13th October
- Saturday 10th November
- Saturday 08th December