This course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in medium and high risk environments.
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills and knowledge to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and provide effective care for a wide range of common workplace injuries and illnesses. First Aid at Work training consists of 18 hours of instructor led tuition, delivered over a minimum of 3 days, with emphasis throughout on practical application of first aid skills.
The course is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for qualifying First Aid personnel in the workplace.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work;
- Students will also learn to provide care for patients who have:
- Suffered a burn or scald;
- Injured bones, muscles or joints;
- Been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas;
- Suffered an injury to the eye;
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack.
This course has a formal assessment process which includes a written assessment of the learner’s first aid knowledge as well as practical assessment of the learner’s ability to perform safely and effectively in a range of first aid situations. Certification lasts for 3 years
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate in First Aid at Work valid for 3 years.
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£900 + £20pp||£600 + £20pp||£250|
Duration: 3 days