This course allows the first aider to requalify upon successful completion of this 2 day course. The HSE recommend annual refresher training.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work;
- Students will also learn to provide care for patients who have:
- Suffered a burn or scald;
- Injured bones, muscles or joints;
- Been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas;
- Suffered an injury to the eye;
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack.
This course has a formal assessment process which includes a written assessment of the learner’s first aid knowledge as well as practical assessment of the learner’s ability to perform safely and effectively in a range of first aid situations.
This lasts for 3 years
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
- Students must be aged 16 or over to attend this course;
- Candidates must have a first aid at work certificate that is no more than 28 days expired.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£600 + £20pp||£600 + £20pp||£120|
Duration: 2 days