A 3 hour training programme designed to give candidates a basic knowledge of emergency first aid techniques and resuscitation skills with emphasis on infants and children. This course meets the minimum training recommendations for an ‘Appointed Person’ in the workplace as detailed in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L74.
- Importance of self-protection and use of barriers;
- Chain of Survival;
- Primary Survey;
- Unconscious Casualties and Recovery Position;
- Infant, child and adult CPR;
- Dealing with Choking in infants, children and adults;
- Basic Bleeding Control (optional);
This lasts for 3 years when the course needs to be taken again.
The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
- Students must be aged 16 or over to attend this course.
Costs & Dates
|Group > 12||Off/ Site Group||Per Person|
|Prices||£170 + £20pp||£100 + £20pp||£45|
Duration: 3 hours