Cruising is one of the safest leisure sporting activities, and 99.9% of those afloat will never use their life raft. However, it is a well-proven fact that, in the event of an emergency at sea, people with training are more likely to survive. This intensive one day course is designed to give you that knowledge until help can get to you. The morning is spent in a classroom at our training centre covering the theory of sea survival and the afternoon is a practical session in a swimming pool.
- The design of life jackets and how they work;
- The correct equipment you should have on life jackets;
- The correct use of flares;
- Life rafts and the equipment they contain;
- Survival techniques;
- Medical aspects of sea survival;
- Search and rescue techniques;
- Survival requirements and abandoning ship.
Practical Session in a Swimming Pool
- Getting into a life raft from the water
- Getting into a life raft from a boat;
- Surviving in the water on your own;
- Surviving in the water in a group.
- Candidates must be able to swim.
Costs & Dates
Duration: 1 Day
From: 09:00 – 17:30
For 2019 this course runs on the following dates:
- Saturday 19th January
- Saturday 16th February
- Saturday 09th March
- Thursday 18th April
- Saturday 18th May
- Saturday 15th June
- Saturday 03rd August
- Saturday 21st September
- Saturday 26th October
- Saturday 16th November
- Saturday 07th December